Sixaxis Dualshock 3 Connecting via Bluetooth on windows
Submitted by Acxie on Tue, 09/29/2009 - 22:48
- First make sure that your USB connection is functioning properly(see the above instructions), as this set of instructions is for the Bluetooth connection.
- If you have multiple Bluetooth adapters installed, take out the ones you don't plan to use with the SIXAXIS/DS3 so they don't get affected by the MotioninJoy drivers.
- As above, if you use a 64bit system you have to hold F8 and select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- Navigate to [Start -> All Programs -> MotioninJoy -> Install Bluetooth driver(Install MotioninJoy driver ver 0.4.00)]and right click it, selecting Run as administrator. After a few seconds, Notepad will pop up and give you the installation
information (note that if you switch USB ports, you'll have to repeat this step.) If the last line in the Notepad document looks like this:
LOG Event: 0, Install completed
LOG Event: 0, Installation completed with code 0x0.
LOG Event: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)
SUCCESS: installed package C:Program FilesMotioninJoyds3driversMijBThid.inf.
you're good to go.
- At this point, if you open [Control Panel -> Printers and Other Devices -> Game Controllers] you can see it looks about the same as the picture below. If it appears like that, you know for a fact that the installation was a success. Pressing buttons still won't work right now, so continue on with the next steps.
- Connect your SIXAXIS/DS3 through USB and make sure [Control Panel -> Printers and Other Devices -> Game Controllers] looks like the below picture.
- Go to [Start -> All Programs -> MotioninJoy -> DS3 TOOL] and click the pairing button. Make sure you have both the SIXAXIS/DS3 and the Bluetooth adapter plugged in and working. Every time you use your
controller with a PS3 you'll need to repeat this step.
- Tap the PS button. If you hold the button for too long it will "unplug" the controller. If you feel a short rumble and the lights start flashing, then a single light goes solid, congratulations on your success! Now
you can go back to the Control Panel and test it out. For the controller's configuration options, refer to the USB Setup Guide.
- Now you can enjoy unrestricted, wireless, rumbling gameplay delight!
- Hold the "PS" button in to interrupt the Bluetooth connection and put the controller to sleep, saving battery power.
- Next time you want to use it, just tap the "PS" button and it will connect on it's own.